APPROVED FOR 3 BOC Category A CEUs
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from Therapeutic Modalities Part 1: Chapters 1-4
2. Complete Course Assessment
3. Complete Course Evaluation
The 4th Edition of the field’s premier text on therapeutic modalities reflects evidence-based practice research and technologies that are impacting professional practice today. Step by step, you’ll build a solid foundation in the theory and science that underlie today’s best practices and then learn how to treat a wide range of orthopedic injuries.
Part 1: Injury Response and Treatment Planning
The Injury Response Process
The Physiology and Psychology of Pain
Development and Delivery of Intervention Strategies
At the conclusion of the course, the reader will be able to:
• Identify the injury response process to various tissues in the body.
• Summarize the physiology of pain.
• Recognize the components of a clinical outcomes question.
• Differentiate the various legal considerations in patient care.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 3 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.