APPROVED FOR 3 BOC CAT A CEUs
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from Sports Nutrition for Healthcare Professionals – Part 2: Chapters 6-10
2. Complete Course Assessment
3. Complete Course Evaluation
This text helps health and fitness professionals develop the knowledge needed to integrate the science of nutrition into their practices and explore the role of sports nutrition with clients. Through dynamic, organized chapters, it incorporates essential information on how to educate clients about the relationship between nutrition and exercise.
Part 2 includes – Optimizing Sports Performance
Fundamentals of Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
Nutrition Strategies for Optimal Athletic Performance
Exercise, Thermoregulation, and Fluid Balance
Nutritional Strategies for Competitive Endurance, Strength, and Power Athletes
Nutritional Supplements and Ergogenic Aids
At the conclusion of the course, the reader will be able to:
• Describe common dietary supplements for weight loss and performance.
• Identify substances that are dietary supplements.
• Describe nutritional information influencing performance for endurance and strength sports.
• Summarize the role of protein, carbohydrates and fats as sources of fuel.
• Identify the components of the metabolic pathway.
• Recognize nutritional needs for pre-exercise, exercise and post exercise.
• Discuss importance of hydration.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 3 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.