APPROVED FOR 3 BOC CAT A CEUs
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from SPorts Nutrition for Healthcare Professionals – Part 1: Chapters 1-5
2. Complete Course Assessment
3. Complete Course Evaluation
This text helps health and fitness professionals develop the knowledge needed to integrate the science of nutrition into their practices and explore the role of sports nutrition with clients. Through dynamic, organized chapters, it incorporates essential information on how to educate clients about the relationship between nutrition and exercise.
Part 1 includes – From Food to Fuel
Vitamins, Minerals, Electrolytes, and Water
Dietary Guidelines, General Nutrition Recommendations, and Federal Nutrition Policy
At the conclusion of the course, the reader will be able to:
• Describe the role of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in the human body.
• Identify the role of nutrients and electrolytes in athletic performance.
• Categorize micronutrients and their role in maintaining quality health.
• Summarize dietary guidelines.
• Recognize components of a nutritional label.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 3 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.