APPROVED FOR 6.0 CATEGORY A CEUs
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from Psychosocial Stratagies for Athletic Trainers
2. Complete Participant Assessment
3. Complete Program Evaluation
Be prepared to offer not only the physical rehabilitation regimen injured athletes need, but also the psychological and psychosocial support they need to recover from injuries. Here’s a user-friendly introduction to the application and practical use of psychosocial theories and techniques. You’ll develop an understanding of the research that underlies practice, and see how sports psychology is applied in clinical practice. Practical examples and suggested activities teach you how.
After reading this book the learner will be able to:
1. Identify strategies to mediate both overconformity and underconformity to the sport ethic norms.
2. Describe the physiological, behavioral, and emotional impact of psychological stress.
3. Implement psychosocial strategies to reduce injury risk.
4. Implement communication and education strategies designed to enhance the effectiveness
of other psychosocial intervention techniques
5. Implement strategies designed to aid athletes in managing emotions and facilitating
positive responses to injury, including emotion-focused and instrumental coping strategies.
7. Identify signs and symptoms of distress and mental disorders that warrant referral.
8. Describe the psychosocial strategies that the athletic trainer can use to motivate the athlete during
9. Identify and describe types of social support.
10 . Describe cognitive and somatic relaxation techniques that athletic trainers can use with
athletes’ treatment, rehabilitation, and return to participation.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.0 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.
Level of Difficulty: Essential