APPROVED FOR 6.0 CATEGORY A CEUs
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
In order to complete this course, the learner will:
1. Watch 14 individual presentations
2. Complete a Course Evaluation
This course highlights presentations from the First Annual The International Concussion Organization Symposium. Speakers include, Micky Collins, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher, Dr. Sean Lager and professional athletes Dave Zastudil and Adam Greenberg.
At the conclusion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Understand the role of patient in concussion education.
2. Identify the role the cervical spine has in head and neck control.
3. Understand vestibular ocular-motor screening evaluation as it pertains to concussions.
4. Summarize assessment strategies to establish individualized pathways of treating mild traumatic brain
5. Understand legal aspects of concussion management.
6. Distinguish the spectrum of symptom of concussion and post concussion symptoms.
7. Identify body systems affected by concussion.
8. Analyze the use of sports simulation to develop cognitive, neurological and visual baselines.
9. Apply concussion management strategies in youth sports.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.0 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.