APPROVED FOR 6.5 CATEGORY A CEUS
This course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
Robb S. Rehberg, PhD, ATC, NREMT
William Paterson University
Michele Monaco, DSc, LAT, ATC
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
To complete this HOME STUDY course learners will need to complete the following:
1. Read PDF chapters from Emergency Care in Athletic Training by Keith Gorse, Robert Blanc, Francis Feld, and Matthew Radelet.
2. Complete a Course Assessment
3. Complete a Course Evaluation
This course will prepare athletic trainers to provide emergency treatment for acute sports-related injuries and illnesses in children, adolescents, and adults—on and off the field. Noted practitioners and educators address all aspects of the evaluation and management of the full-range of medical problems that may be encountered. From emergency evaluation and airway management through the major categories of injury, this timely text meets a critical need in the classroom and in practice.
OBJECTIVES At the conclusion of the course, the reader will be able to:
1. Identify the key components in organizing an emergency plan.
2. Describe cardiac symptoms and care of the critically injured athlete.
3. Distinguish the proper equipment use during airway management.
4. Identify and apply head and cervical spine injuries and emergency treatments.
5. Interpret signs and symptoms of general medical, abdominal and thoracic conditions
6. Distinguish signs, symptoms and treatments of various environmental illnesses.
7. Apply appropriate orthopedic emergency management.
8. Construct a plan for challenging spine boarding environment.
9. Associate signs and symptoms of the psychological impact of emergency situations.
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
A computer, tablet, and an internet connection are required to complete this course.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 6.5 Category A hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase. Click here to view our course FAQs and refund policy.
There are no reviews yet.