SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This bundle includes two clinical EBP courses, and includes the following modules:
Environmental Emergencies (1.5 EBP CEUs):
-Exertional Heat Illness
-Environmental Cold Injuries
Emergency Preparedness (1.5 EBP CEUs):
-Emergency Planning in Athletics
-Management of Spinal Injuries Module
-Sudden Cardiac Death
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Define an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
2. Explain the process of implementing and writing an EAP.
3. Understand professional and legal needs associated with an EAP.
4. Understand the anatomy and causes, incidence, and levels of spinal cord injury.
5. Identify techniques for the prevention of spinal cord injury.
6. Describe the acute management and proper pre-hospital care of the spin injured athlete.
7. Recognize and explain the importance of Emergency Preparedness protocols for the
management of sudden cardiac death.
8. Recognize the components of lightning safety including injury prevention, treatment of lightning injuries,
and return-to-play guidelines following lightning injuries.
9. Create a lightning policy for the athletic setting.
10. Identify the need for proper hydration in athletics and recognize the impact dehydration has on the
11. Describe ways to prevent and manage dehydration in the athletic setting.
12. Create individualized hydration plans for athletes.
13. Differentiate between the different types of exertional heat illnesses and identify ways to
prevent these illnesses in the athletic population.
14. Describe methods for recognizing and treating heat illnesses and return-to-play guidelines
following heat illness.
15. Recognize the components of environmental cold injuries including prevention, treatment of
cold injuries, and return-to-play guidelines following cold injuries.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 3.0 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.