APPROVED FOR 2.0 EBP CEUs
This Clinical Evidence Based Practice course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
At the coclusion of this course the learner will be able to:
1. Define diabetes
2. Identify type 1 and type 2 diabetes
3. Identify the signs and symptoms and describe how to treat a diabetic emergency
4. Identify the importance of developing a written diabetic care plan for a diabetic athlete
5. Explain the importance of educating the athlete about their specific diabetic condition
6. Explain the diagnosis of Celiac Disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
7. Describe the treatment of each disease
8. Be able to utilize the ingredients listing and nutrition facts labels, on all manufacturers’ food labels.
9. Identify safe foods and foods that need special attention when reading food labels.
10. Be able to make wise gluten-free food selections, whether eating at home or away from home.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 2.0 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.