APPROVED FOR 2.0 EBP CEUs
This Clinical Evidence Based Practice course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This clinical EBP course has three modules and covers the following topics:
Preparticipation Physical Examinations and Disqualifying Conditions
Psychological Concerns of the Secondary School and Collegiate Athlete
Conservative Management and Prevention of Ankle Sprains in Athletes
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Describe key elements of an effective preparticipation physical examination.
2. Apply organizational components of executing effective preparticipation physical examinations.
3. Evaluate and determine medical clearance considerations for medical examination results.
4. Recognize the prevalence rate of mental health disorders in adolescents and young adults.
5. Recognize the signs and symptoms of mental health disorders.
6. Plan steps to effectively refer the athlete with a potential mental health disorder for a mental health
evaluation and care.
7. Recognize injury to the athletic ankle and coordinate appropriate management strategies.
8. Identify appropriate diagnostic skills to evaluate joint laxity in order to quantify the extent of ankle
9. Plan rehabilitation strategies that are effective for returning athletes to normal activity.
10. Design preventative strategies for reducing the incidence of athletic ankle injury.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 2.0 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.