APPROVED FOR 1.5 EBP CEUs
This Clinical Evidence Based Practice course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This Clinical EBP course is comprised of three modules, and covers the following topics:
Emergency Planning in Athletics
Management of Spinal Injuries Module
Sudden Cardiac Death
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Define an Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
2. Explain the process of implementing and writing an EAP.
3. Understand professional and legal needs associated with an EAP.
4. Understand the anatomy and causes, incidence, and levels of spinal cord injury.
5. Identify techniques for the prevention of spinal cord injury.
6. Describe the acute management and proper pre-hospital care of the spin injured athlete.
7. Recognize and explain the importance of Emergency Preparedness protocols for the
management of sudden cardiac death.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1.5 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.