SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This clinical EBP course is comprised of three modules, and covers the following topics:
Pediatric Overuse Injuries
Medication Management and Steroids
Athletic Training Issues in Secondary School Settings
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Identify strategies to reduce the risk of overuse injuries in the pediatric athlete.
2. Describe the role of the sports medicine provider in ensuring a safe sports environment for pediatric
3. Understand the laws and best practices regarding prescription and non-prescription medication use in
intercollegiate and professional athletics.
4. Describe the various policies regarding anabolic steroid use in the secondary school and collegiate
5. Understand how the components of the Appropriate Medical Care in the Secondary School Aged-Athlete
relate to improved medical care.
6. Describe how the use of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting is an important risk management
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 2.0 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.