APPROVED FOR 1.5 EBP CEUs
This Clinical Evidence Based Practice course was developed specifically for athletic trainers.
SCHEDULE AND FORMAT
The course is delivered online using video/audio and learning checkpoints.
This Clinical EBP course includes four modules which cover the following environmental emergencies:
-Exertional Heat Illness
-Environmental Cold Injuries
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Recognize the components of lightning safety including injury prevention, treatment of lightning injuries,
and return-to-play guidelines following lightning injuries.
2. Create a lightning policy for the athletic setting.
3. Identify the need for proper hydration in athletics and recognize the impact dehydration has on the
4. Describe ways to prevent and manage dehydration in the athletic setting.
5. Create individualized hydration plans for athletes.
6. Differentiate between the different types of exertional heat illnesses and identify ways to
prevent these illnesses in the athletic population.
7. Describe methods for recognizing and treating heat illnesses and return-to-play guidelines
following heat illness.
8. Recognize the components of environmental cold injuries including prevention, treatment of
cold injuries, and return-to-play guidelines following cold injuries.
Sport Safety International (BOC Approved Provider #: P8228) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 1.5 Evidence Based Category hours/CEUs.
This course is valid for two years from the date of purchase.
There are no reviews yet.